Subject: [Leica] Pollock Viewers Autumn Rhythm at the MET in NYC
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2010 23:01:29 -0400

Old work?
For me though something I shot digital three years ago is NEW work.
Old work is film I shot in the 60's which I may have scanned or its in a box
of prints.
When you're 60 and been doing darkroom work since you were 13 most of your
work by far is "old work". It tends to overwhelm anything you've done
recently.
I got my Voigtl?nder Vito BL 46 years ago. But the shots I got with my
Brownies before that are in my present portfolios; meaning prints I often
show people and now on the LUG gallery.
This shot at the MET was with my most recently bought camera. A compact D40x
which I tend to have on my more often than the D200 which is twice the size
and weight.

I have a folder called "Scans & docs to Email" which this was in and it
popped out and me in Bridge and I thought "needs to be in my LUG gallery".
Normally I'd go back to the raw file and open it fresh with the latest raw
filter and I'd get a better "performance" of it. But in this the size was
right and I just went with it.
Thanks for looking and commenting.

Mark William Rabiner
Photography