Subject: [Leica] Salgado S2 now DR contrast
From: chs2018 at med.cornell.edu (Chris Saganich)
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2010 11:08:13 -0400

That may be due to my over use of unsharp masking
tool which I notice changes the quality OOF
areas.  When I print I notice the OOF areas are
much softer in the sense that  you described.

At 01:00 AM 9/24/2010, you wrote:
>It's entirely subjective of course, but I'd prefer it to have softer
>edges and without the double-line look.
>
>Marty
>
>On Fri, Sep 24, 2010 at 2:22 PM, Mark Rabiner <mark at rabinergroup.com>
>wrote:
> > Quite noticeable the out of focus renditions here and I think its a plus.
> >
> > --------------------
> > Mark William Rabiner
> > Photography
> > mark at rabinergroup.com
> >

> >> From: Marty Deveney <benedenia at gmail.com>
> >> Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2010 09:33:44 +0930
> >> To: Leica Users Group <lug at leica-users.org>
> >> Subject: Re: [Leica] Salgado S2 now DR contrast
> >>
> >> These are beautiful.  I really love this one:
> >>
> http://www.imagebrooklyn.com/Family%20Album/Friends%20Family%20Pages/FF%20284.
> >> htm
> >> and agree with Steve that it really is great.
> >>
> >> It's interesting to note that the out of focus rendition gets quite
> >> funky the further away from the plane of fous you get.  The DR has a
> >> reputation for excellent out of focus rendition, which it has, but it
> >> has limits, like everything.  I spend too much time looking at these
> >> sorts of things.
> >>
> >> It's a great photo.  I should leave it at that.
> >>
> >> Marty

> http://www.imagebrooklyn.com/Family%20Album/Friends%20Family%20Pages/FF%2028
> >>>>

> http://www.imagebrooklyn.com/Family%20Album/Friends%20Family%20Pages/FF%2027

> http://www.imagebrooklyn.com/Family%20Album/Friends%20Family%20Pages/FF%2029
> >>>>

> http://www.imagebrooklyn.com/Family%20Album/Friends%20Family%20Pages/FF%2029

Chris Saganich MS, CPH
Senior Physicist, Office of Health Physics
New York Presbyterian Hospital
chs2018 at med.cornell.edu
http://intranet.med.cornell.edu/research/health_phys/
Ph. 212.746.6964