Subject: [Leica] Fuji's rangefinder sort of looking digital
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2010 01:10:57 -0400

When ever I read or hear that stopping down a lens makes NO IMPROVEMENT I
take it with a bit of a grain of thought as from all I know this is basic to
optics that some improvement is going to show itself when you this to any
lens. I think such statements is a wishful thinking extention off the
concept that if you pay enough money for a lens the wide open performance
will be nothing to be embarrassed about. Quite usable. And even stellar. I
think stopping down ANY lens one or two can do nothing but but get rid of a
few aberrations and contusions. Let alone actually get the thing you're
shooting in focus. I'm a f 5.6 and be there kind of guy for the most part.
Sure I shot wide open when I need the extra narrow DOF for effect or when I
need the shutter speed. Like when its dusk or indoors.

Mark William Rabiner
Photography
mark at rabinergroup.com