Subject: [Leica] American Landscape
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca)
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2010 07:57:27 -0700

Sonny Carter offered:

>I thought I'd try getting back into doing my American Landscape series.
>
> Here's a new one:
> http://sonc.com/look/?p=3
> Here are earlier ones.
> http://www.sonc.com/american_landscape

Hi Sonny
A champion idea returning to this series simply because the earlier photos
were very interesting for a number of reasons

1/ The sharp eyes of the observing photographer where you found in the
simplest situations the "American landscape images."

2/ Besides you folks are considered a very patriotic nation and illustrate
that through the symbol of your flag in so many ways.

3/ I think with what you have in the can already, along with your sharp eye
of observing and finding so many from almost miniscule images to the huge in
your face waving flag, you could eventually produce a book!  Maybe a BLURB
BOOK or the likes of that system.

I like this shot even if Cathy looks like she's saluting left handed! ;-)
Viewers would be bright enough to realize she's shading here eyes. :-)

Carry on with them Sonny because you have far too many already to just let
them languish on a computer hard drive!

Please keep them coming! Thank you.
cheers,
ted