Subject: [Leica] Street life in Tbilisi
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca)
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2010 07:38:20 -0700

Mads Christensen showed::

>Just wanted to show you some pictures taken on the streets of Tbilisi,
>Georgia. Here is the first of ten pictures:
>
>http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/madstorben/2010a/000031.JPG.html

>> p.s. The photos are "true LUG photos" taken with the M6 that I bought from
>> Michiel a few years ago. Nathan took it to Copenhagen for me. The film is
>> one of many Agfa apx 100 that I bought in a photo shop that Douglas and I
>> visited in Hannover in April of this year. Hand development and scan in my
>> favorite photo shop here in Tbilisi.  >

Hi Mads,
Clean interesting street moments even with the odd "into the camera faces."
That's not a negative comment quite simply because "WE ALL DO THOSE KIND OF
PICTURES!"

I like the "reading the newspaper theme" in the early morning quiet lost in
the news of the day oblivious of what's going on around them.

I've looked several times at all of them, but the one picture I keep going
back to is... "Two men and dog!" A quiet early morning meet and greet
discussing the pup! :-) It's the simplicity yet there isn't any question
they are discussing the pup. Well observed and equally well shot. An HCB
moment if you like, a quiet moment of life observation!
cheers,
Dr. ted :-)