Subject: [Leica] (no subject)
From: gregj_lorenzo at hotmail.com (Greg Lorenzo)
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2010 19:11:25 -0600

jayanand at gmail.com writes in part:

> Richard,
> Precisely what I meant. If I put 10 random prints of a similar size in
> front of anyone, I am sure they cannot identify the equipment. I am
> pretty sure that it is difficult enough to tell the difference between
> a Iphone and a high end point and shoot looking at a print.

Actually, I went through this process about ten years ago. This was before I
purchased my first Leica camera and lens and I could in fact pick every
Leica 8X10 I was shown by the photographer who took the photos. He had taken
the same series of images using a Leica R8 with a Leica 35-70/f4 lens and
using a Nikon F5 SLR with a Nikon 35-70/f? zoom lens. Images were taken on
the same day in the same lighting using the same Kodak colour film at f5.6
on tripod.

He had a series of 6 images/system and noted the camera and lens used on the
back of the print. I easily picked out 6 of 6. I went in to look at the
Nikon system and ended up purchasing the Leica.

I'm colour blind not sharpness blind.

Greg Lorenzo
Calgary, Canada

Message from jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj) ([Leica] (no subject))