Subject: [Leica] Format output obviousness
From: jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols)
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2010 10:59:37 -0500

Hi Larry,

Maybe its just our experiences as old-timers, but I tend to agree with your
conclusions.  I jumped from shooting film in a Leica IIIf/Summitar and Exa
to shooting digital with an E-510 and E-1.  I bought some used Leica-R
lenses and adapters, and a Pentax adapter, so I could continue to use glass
with which I was familiar.  I now find that the autofocus capability and
quality of the Zuiko Digital 14-54 and 35/3.5 Macro make these my lenses of
choices for most work.  I can see differences between the images produced by
M9 users and the ones that I feel are my best, but, for me, that does not
justify the investment in the latest Leica equipment.  Oly 4/3 gear works
just fine for my needs.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA