Subject: [Leica] (no subject)
From: wildlightphoto at earthlink.net (Doug Herr)
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2010 04:51:44 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

Jayanand Govindaraj wrote:

>Art does not work that way. Only magazines and review sites that have to
>earn advertising do.
>Cheers
>Jayanand

Art is in the eye of the beholder.  Where I can reduce the number of
variables to a manageable set, my eye beholds a difference between prints
where the original was 35mm film or medium-format film, 35mm film or DMR,
Kodachrome or Provia, and numerous other comparisons.  Some others have told
me they perceive no difference, and many more in blind comparisons see the
same differences I do.  Some people are simply more perceptive than others.

When I'm making photographs, I've eliminated the photographer, lighting,
subject and processing variables.  When I use different tools, I see
different results in my prints.  I'm not comparing my prints with Salgado's,
Tina's or anyone else's.  The differences I see are in my prints.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com