Subject: [Leica] New Picture Place
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2010 19:11:21 -0400

The very first thing I say to somebody asking me about the zone system who
doesn't know is zone V equals middle gray. Certainly a start off or null
point. Think of the V as the exposure needle aiming at the middle or at any
rate delivering to you middle gray no matter WHAT you point it at. That made
it easy to remember for me. Zone VI or IV is a stop lighter or darker than
that. Onward to infinity. Buy me an espresso and I'll explain the zone
system in ten minutes. About a minute a zone.

Mark William Rabiner
Photography
mark at rabinergroup.com