Subject: [Leica] Only a MacBook Pro (or any laptop) was: Anyone using Drobo
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2010 15:22:13 -0400

I had a tower when I lived in Portland 4 years ago and when I got my laptop
I put it in my kitchen wireless my last year there it took over everything
but Photoshop crunching. It would set off my printer in my office. On the
road over here to NY I realized laptops are viable and normal for such
stuff. That was a 12 inch powerbook. This 13 inch macbook pro is tem times
more powerful than that. I'm used to a Mac SE where I'd be in Photoshop and
hit a filter and go into the kitchen and make a pot of coffee. An hour later
I'd go back into my office and the thing would be just appearing. Then I'd
undo it.
Most the photography you see comes from a photographer sitting in a
starbucks with a laptop meeting a deadline so They are going to be viable.
But a bigger desk computer would be more ideal I'd think with a real screen
you could calibrate. A kinds of "cores". Not just apple Mac but peach and
pear. I'm avoiding though two computers. Just like two watches I'd never
know what time it is.

Mark William Rabiner
Photography
mark at rabinergroup.com