Subject: [Leica] WAS ... "the beautiful faces...." NOW GRAND PARENTS!
From: chris at chriscrawfordphoto.com (Chris Crawford)
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2010 23:59:48 -0400

I was fortunate in that none of my grandparents died until after I had
graduated from college, so I had all of them during my childhood. Now I have
only one left, my mom's mother. She's in good health so she'll probably,
hopefully, be here for a long time to come. She doesn't do computers,
despite her son in Arizona and her other grandchildren there encouraging her
to get online so they can send her photos and stuff. A couple of my cousins
out there are married and have kids of their own now. My sister and I are
both in Ft. Wayne so we can see grandma in person.

When I lived in Santa Fe, I worked for a short time at a camera store out
there. Quit when I began making money doing photography. When I was there,
an old man in his 80s came in with his Fuji digital camera. He wanted to
know how to get the photos off of it onto his computer so he could email
them to his family. He was pretty computer savvy, he knew how to use email
and the net but he didn't know where to find the photos on the camera after
he connected it to the computer with the USB cable that came with it. I
asked him if he used Windows or a Mac and he said Windows. I asked his if he
knew where My Computer was at, and he said yeah. So I told him connect the
camera then turn it on and look in my computer and it'll be there showing as
a disk. Open the disk, drag out the photos onto a folder on your desktop or
where ever you want to put them. He said that sounds easy...but write it
down for me so I don't forget a step before I get home! I did and a few days
later he came back in to thank me for my help, he got his pics off the
camera! He said the instructions made it more complex than how I explained
it. So I guess not all grandpas are tech-averse, lol

--
Chris Crawford
Fine Art Photography

Become a fan on Facebook