Subject: [Leica] TXP rocks
From: mak at teleport.com (Mark Kronquist)
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2010 21:37:01 -0700

A friend (Marketing Director) got me a field photo pass to the Portland
Timbers soccer club for the last home game before they are promoted to the
MSL. Out of respect for their heritage I thought it would be cool to shoot
some Tri-X in my M4-P with a 135 f.4 Tele-Elmar along with a Nikon F2 with a
MD-1 and a 300 f2.8 (okay and my D3 as a back up). Just spent two hours
knocking out 40 killer 8 x 10's out of the four rolls shot (mixed Leica and
F2) my hands smell of sulphur, the lights have a strange tone (having spent
2 hours under the red light) an the photos are quite astounding...

As much as I like the D3's knock 'em dead images there is something quite
fetching about film...

Perhaps we had all ought go shoot a roll or two before the year is out...

My 2 cents

Replies: Reply from chris at chriscrawfordphoto.com (Chris Crawford) ([Leica] TXP rocks)