Subject: [Leica] New R Solution?
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Tue, 07 Sep 2010 01:07:39 -0400

There is just no reason why it would have to be 4/3's 2x crop it seems to
me. What we are talking about is camera body configurations and they really
don't need to be format specific. They could build an medium format digital
D-lux 6 Texas point and shoot if they were in the mood. And I'm sure some
day they will be.

To me the most obvious format for the R system glass is the format it was
built to cover. 24x36. If they build it we will come. But for 40,000
smackeroo's it wont be too many of us if it was medium format.
There is not such 24x36 format COMPACT cameras yet. But tomorrow I just
around the corner.
Tomorrow is today if you stay up late enough.

Mark William Rabiner
Photography
mark at rabinergroup.com