Subject: [Leica] Walking in Antwerpen at night
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca)
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2010 14:55:30 -0700

Nicolas offered in answer:
Hi Ted,
>>>Yes, I just walked and took a picture when I saw something that seemed
interesting for a photo.
Using 3200 ISO film and f2.0 lens, there is no problem.<<<<
 http://boklm.eu/pg/antwerpen_night.html

Wonderful! A photographer after my own heart! :-) Here we have a
photographer shooting at 3200.... why not? Well some folks would have heart
burn about grain and other wimpy things of that nature than capturing cool
images in the dark of the evening.

If you see cool things and it's almost zero light? Crank up the ISO rating
and make interesting photographs rather than just standing there and
thinking.. "Oh whine whine its too dark and I don't want any grain." Get
over it! If you are turned on by neat looking things give it a shot and see
what you get, that's far more interesting than passing up a neat picture
while crapping out over some stupid grain!
cheers,
Dr. ted