Subject: [Leica] New 4/3 equipment?
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2010 17:39:56 -0400

Leica has said they're not going to be further involved with the 4/3
S system. We should take that to our own hearts. It came out with the X1.
Its the only compact camera you can use for stock. That was announced today
on the British Journal of Photography.  I'd recommend you guys stop
endlessly buying and selling and playing around with toy cameras. Especially
rumors of them. Who cares?
Non micro 4/3's went out because for half the image capture size you
got......? You got nothing. The cameras were the same size if not bigger
than existing and coming out 1.5 crop cameras. And they cost more.

A 1.5 crop camera you can now use for sketching. And occasional serious
image where a real compact camera really helped.
1x crop is what Barnack would be shooting if he was cruising the streets of
Wetzlar and Cologne (K?ln) right now.

If you guys were shooting film would you be out with a stupid Minox?!?!?!

Mark William Rabiner
Photography
mark at rabinergroup.com