Subject: [Leica] a shot in the dark - life at iso 25600
From: richard at imagecraft.com (Richard Man)
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2010 20:35:30 -0700

The metering cell was invented in the 60s too :-) It only took Leica 20
years to get around to it.

Anyway, the Leica sensor (by Kodak or whoever) has different demand than
Nikon, Canon or Sony sensors (oblique microlens and absolutely best in class
image performance etc.) The S2 sensor don't even go up to ISO 1200 without a
fight so there is no hope there.

If Leica gets a high ISO sensor in 2 years, that'd be great. I sort of doubt
it though. We shall see, 2 years will be here soon enough.