Subject: [Leica] Tilt-Shift Miniatures
From: tgray at 125px.com (Tim Gray)
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2010 09:51:20 -0400

On Aug 10, 2010 at 05:12 PM -0400, Mark Rabiner wrote:
> The DOF depth of field stays the same but the plane it lays on changes.
> You have the plane of field skim over the tops of things.

Correct.  I should have been more precise in my wording.  However, it mimics
a shallow depth of field - at least to the regular viewer with no knowledge
of tilt-shift.

I still stand by my comment.  This effect relies on creating the impression
of a *photograph* of miniatures, and not of the impression of miniatures
themselves.

Replies: Reply from piers.hemy at gmail.com (piers@hemy.org) ([Leica] Tilt-Shift Miniatures)
Message from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] Tilt-Shift Miniatures)