Subject: [Leica] [OT] Travel - What to do in Okinawa?
From: pasvorn at boonmark.net (Pasvorn Boonmark)
Date: Sun, 8 Aug 2010 21:19:33 -0700

Peter,

So, we've just got back from our trip to Okinawa, and Bangkok.

I am glad to report that Okinawa trip was much better than we anticipated.
The weather there was hot and humid, with rains on-and-off, as you mentioned.
The Goya dish is great.  IMHO, foods are more like Chinese than Japanese.
We didn't even have any sushi while we were there.  But we did eat a lot of
pork dishes, and grill fish while we were there.
Our breakfast were normally congee. :)

The hotel's lobby has a lounge, with ample supply of awamori, and the local
sweets which looks like a donut-hole.  I think I gain 1-2kg just for
consuming these. :)

Besides food, the highlight of our trip was the Okinawa Churaumi Aquarium.
It was crowded on a weekday.   I can't imagine what weekends would look like.
We also went to the near by arboretum - Tropical Dream Center (yes, I know,
it is a tourist trap, but the wife would like to see it. LOL)  It
turns out pretty good
with lots of flowers.  We didn't have much time, so the rest we spent
driving around.

While we were in Bangkok, visiting my folks, there was a storm and it
rained everyday.
When it rains, it flooded.  We spent at least 2-3 hours in traffic a day.

I'll post some pictures from the trip soon.

Thanks a lot for your information.  We definitely will go back there.

-Pasvorn