Subject: [Leica] Compact cameras
From: images at comporium.net (Tina Manley)
Date: Sat, 7 Aug 2010 20:04:15 -0400

Thanks, Nathan, but Alamy will allow any kind of garbage, as long as it
passes the technical quality control.  Alamy does not edit for content.
 They leave that totally up to contributors.  That's why Alamy currently has
almost 20 million photos on file.  If anybody needs a photo of anything,
 Alamy has it.  In some ways that is great.  I've sold photos through Alamy
that I would never think of submitting to any other agency.  In some ways
it's awful.  Buyers have to wade through pages and pages of garbage to find
the nugget that they want.  Accurate keywords and searches are the secret.
 The approved camera list at least weeds out some micro-stock wannabes.
 Since they have 20 million photos on file and many searches return an
unmanageable number of photos, the only way to cut down on submissions is to
limit approved cameras and to crack down on quality control - which they
have done.

Tina