Subject: [Leica] Compact Cameras
From: photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Sat, 7 Aug 2010 07:24:38 +0200

Except that every review I have read of the X1 states that the camera is so
slow that it borders on useless for street photography. For example, quoting
from Erwin's review:

"In standard operational mode (AF with the display active) the shutter
release delay is quite long and the release moment not well defined." and a
few lines down, after discussing some ways in which the camera can be made
faster, still:

"It is no match for the instant response of the M-series (film loading and
sensor based), and a certain expertise in anticipation is most welcome to
get exactly the shot you want.
The more features you activate, the slower the response of the camera
becomes."

Nathan

Nathan Wajsman
Alicante, Spain