Subject: [Leica] Weston's 8x10 contact prints
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sun, 01 Aug 2010 17:10:04 -0400

Well he did often use a smaller camera he used a 5x7 which he referred to as
"The Mini". And enlarged the prints with an enlarger which got light from a
hole in the wall. But his main work was with the 8x10. No timer for the
shutter of the camera it was done by feel as was done with the over head
light bulb to exposed the contact frame to make the print as was the time it
spent in the tray.

To this day an 8x10 print from an 8x10 E. Weston contact printed neg is a
basic important thing in the photo art world.

--
Mark William Rabiner
mark at rabinergroup.com