Subject: [Leica] Ansel Adams Photos Discovered
From: hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2010 00:12:46 +1000

Hmmmm. I have no idea on the provenance of these of course.
Disregarding that, I looked at the web previews of the prints that they have
now advertised for sale following this publicity.
USD 7,500 for a silver gelatin print made by I have no idea who from these
negatives. That is the starting range of some authenticated original prints
made and signed by the great man himself. Go to the Ansel Adams Gallery in
Yosemite and you can purchase a selection of very well known work printed on
silver gelatin by one of Ansel's assistants. USD 225 for the wonderful
'Thunderstorm, Yosemite Valley' that I fell in love with and look at every
single day.

Who else thinks this is about money and rarity and collectors over content
and artisan excellence in the print making? Yes I'm sure that collectors
will vehemently disagree with me. They're welcome to do that of course.

Cheers
Geoff
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman