Subject: [Leica] World of pain
From: afirkin at afirkin.com (afirkin at afirkin.com)
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2010 06:37:53 -0400

Hi Geoff,
The worst is over in some ways. The images are lost and the LR cat is
rebuilt with much improved folder access. I keep learning about this, and
it was sad to lose some images, but I did not lose too much: about 1000
images out of 65,000 or 1.5% and luckily none of our major photo trips.
I'm now scouring all my other back ups and finding previously stored files
etc. Its a good clean up and a much better organization for the future.

Still its been VERY STRESSFUL, and its not over yet ;-)

PS I think I need that week on Kangaroo Is.

Cheers

Alastair