Subject: [Leica] M8 firmware 2.005
From: red735i at earthlink.net (red735i at earthlink.net)
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 2010 07:43:23 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

What else is it then?

The customer base ( folks like me and you ) want certain features.  We ( at
least me) are willing to pay for them.

I am not asking for HD Video nor HDR built in nor reducing the noise at high
ISO, I am asking for a menu to select my lenses, ones I already own, that
can not be coded... 35 pre-ASPH Lux, and 50 Pre ASPH Lux among them.

Never let the manufacturer off the hook.... for a management decision that
is "unpopular".

If you wish a reference for this kind of success or failure, look to Apple
Computer.... every time there is the slightest issue with consumer
expectations vs actual performance, there is a major re-assesment by Apple
in favor of the consumer....  Look to the latest issues over the IPhone4
antenna and how you hold the phone to get good antenna performance....

And their stock keeps rising in price...

It is good PR and better business to do what customers want.... especially
if you can make a profit by doing so....

Charge for the update....give me my lens menu.

Do I believe Leica CAN make the changes I desire, sure I do.  Do I believe
they will do it of their own accord?  Nope.  But then again, their is no
market for a digi-M..... or so said Leica some few years ago.

Frank....menu-less.

Replies: Reply from Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie) ([Leica] M8 firmware 2.005)
Reply from hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson) ([Leica] M8 firmware 2.005)