Subject: [Leica] Photoshopping for Truth? (and a sneaky real estate FS Friday)
From: imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser)
Date: Wed, 07 Jul 2010 09:20:34 -0500

Removing the lady altered the information of the photograph.

The idea that the information found within a photograph contains "truth"
needs to be considered on a case by case basis.

You seem to assume that, while on that beach,
Obama never once experienced one meter of distance between others;
never looked or felt isolated and alone;
and that the existence of the woman on his right during 1/100th of a
second
somehow proves the "truth" of that assumption.

The slippery slope has always existed for journalists, historians and
photographers.
Throughout the history of the professions some have slipped down it,
and paid the price;
while others have had no problem maintaining their footing.

Case by case.

Regards,
George Lottermoser
george at imagist.com