Subject: [Leica] Photoshopping for Truth? (and a sneaky real estate FS Friday)
From: photo.forrest at earthlink.net (Philip Forrest)
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 2010 22:39:09 -0400

So is this just an issue of making money in that case?
Larry Downing is one of the Reuters photogs assigned to cover the White
House. He travels with the President. Making excuses for the
photographer or for President Obama regarding the woman in the photo is
just BS. Obama's shadow is practically falling on her. He knew she was
there. She was one of the reasons he was there. The lens may not be
that long since those oil rigs are huge.

It happens and it's unfortunate that it happens because it is unethical.
But we gotta sell something right? Our images, our ethics. Whatever,
it's all in the name of making money.

Maybe I'm in the wrong for wanting an image to remain unaltered as a
part of the historical record. But I'm unwilling to sell away what I
know is the difference between right and wrong, however slight.

Phil Forrest