Subject: [Leica] Photoshopping for Truth? (and a sneaky real estate FS Friday)
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Tue, 06 Jul 2010 22:02:43 -0400

> This is too depressing.  Removing the lady altered the truth of the photo.
>  Period.  It made Obama look isolated and alone.  That was not the truth.
>  This is a very slippery slope and we're sliding down it too fast.
>
> Tina

We he may have been feeling very isolated and alone.
He may have not been aware of the women or known her name.
The photo appears to have been taken with a very long lens say a 300 or 400
compressing his relationship to the oil rig in the background.
In reality that oil rig may have been not something he was all that aware
of. It was way off in the distance.
But the magazine wanted a pictures of the Pres and an oil rig. And water.
They didn't want ladies. The didn't want an oil rig as a spec in the
horizon. So they approached the issue of putting a cover together the way
they've always approached it. And long ago their workflo went from analog to
digital.

[Rabs]
Mark William Rabiner

Replies: Reply from robertmeier at usjet.net (Robert Meier) ([Leica] Photoshopping for Truth? (and a sneaky real estate FS Friday))