Subject: [Leica] Lightroom 3
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2010 00:45:51 -0400

> What?!  Lightroom 3?!  Sorry, I have been so busy working on a show of
> cyanotypes, reprogramming my Durst, and posting banal baby pictures to
> Facebook that I didn't notice the rollover to version 3.  That, and I
> actually
> made some progress on restoring a 1959 Seamaster my wife gave me for
> Christmas.  Oh, did I mention I also found a 50mm lens for my Fuji 6x9?
>
> A hundred bucks?  Doesn't even register compared to the cost of Arches
> Acquarelle, 8-ply matboard, Similac ready-to-use ('cause I don't have the
> built-in feeding system), or having Omega refinish a dial.  Sheez; I just
> spent $7.50 on 750g of very-ordinary-looking non-organic cherries yesterday
> (maybe they make inkjet ink from these?!).
>
> We have a rule around here that if it's smaller than a cellular bill, it's
> not
> worth worrying about.  Maybe it's been a good week, but getting bent out of
> shape about a $100 upgrade to a program you got for free (and for which M8
> get
> to pay $300) seems like a waste of time.  If you're a pro, it pays for
> itself
> (or is a writeoff).  If you're an amateur, it's about 1.4 percent of the
> cost
> of an M9.  And in no case is it a "must."
>
> :-)
>
> Dante

And Adobe upgrade is well worth it.
To me they are automatic. I'm not thinking about which adobe programs I'm
going to upgrade and which not. These people do not sit and their hands and
rest on their laurels during the rest of the year. They are applying all
kinds of man power into their programs. Certainly Photoshop. InDesign.
Illustrator. And now I have flash and fireworks as part of the suite I'm
involved in.

Adobe InDesign CS4
Adobe Photoshop CS4 Extended
Adobe Illustrator CS4
Adobe Flash CS4 Professional
Adobe Dreamweaver CS4
Adobe Fireworks CS4
Adobe Acrobat 9 Pro
Adobe Bridge CS4, which offers direct access to Adobe Version Cue CS4 and
Adobe Device Central CS4

My house is made of Adobe.

I have to upgrade my Lightroom 1 to 3. Not sure if I can get the upgrade not
having gotten 2.

[Rabs]
Mark William Rabiner

Replies: Reply from rgacpa at yahoo.com (Bob Adler) ([Leica] Lightroom 3)