Subject: [Leica] How much should I charge for this use of a photo?
From: mvolo at duke.edu (Michael Volow)
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 2010 09:37:23 -0400

Would appreciate help with the following question.

(Leica content- made with Lumix FZ-18 with Leica lens)  I made and
distributed some photo greeting cards from Paris to friends and colleagues.
Now one of these folks is interested getting a picture that I used, for his
business thank you cards.  He would like to purchase the use of the picture
to have a printer make 100 or so small (~4" x 5")cards.  He will arrange for
the printing. Do you have any idea what I should charge for such a use. I
have never sold photos for this use before. What should the agreement
specify about how long it can be used, etc.?

The picture is below

http://mickeyv.smugmug.com/Other/Paris-2008/Travel/Paris2008207edited-4/899282114_Q5mK6-S.jpg

Thanks, Mike Volow

Replies: Reply from imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser) ([Leica] How much should I charge for this use of a photo?)