Subject: [Leica] R mount lenses on Micro Four Thirds
From: hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 2010 14:45:17 +1000

A question for the people shooting with the micro four thirds cameras. Not
intended to annoy anyone or aggravate any old sensitivities.

Along with my friend Alastair, I attended the recent PMA show in Australia
and enjoyed looking at the new products with opportunities to try some and
listen to some expertise  in SOME cases.
I checked out the Panasonic range and came home with a nice system brochure
as my wife is interested in a new travel camera. They list both M and R
mount adapters for their cameras. Is the R adapter old news to you folks?
The part number is DMW-MA3R. If this is known and available, is anyone using
some of their R lenses on these bodies? I've heard and read lots about M
lenses being adapted of course, but I don't recall anyone mentioning the R
range. I wondered if this was intended to be the 'solution' for R lens
owners to be able to use their lenses on a digital body.

I was also interested to read that only the DG Macro Elmarit 45 is shown as
made with measurement systems and quality assurance Leica certified (for
whatever that's worth, I'm sure that it doesn't bother most users). I guess
that everything else is now just labelled Lumix?

Cheers
Geoff
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman

Replies: Reply from jimlists at spectare.com (Jim Laurel) ([Leica] R mount lenses on Micro Four Thirds)