Subject: [Leica] FS Black Zeiss 35mm f2.0 Distagon ZF
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2010 13:55:10 -0400

> The ZF line of Zeiss lenses for Nikon SLRs is also made by Cosina. They
> also
> make them for Canon EOS. I think that a couple of the SLR lenses are
> actually made in Germany, just like a couple of the Zeiss M-Mount lenses,
> but most of them are made by Cosina just like most of the M-Mount Zeiss
> lenses are.
>

> --
> Chris Crawford

Very much the issue and one which we all have long known here on the LUG but
more so the issue for me is not which exact factory a lens is made in in
which part of the world but PRICE POINT.
A lens costing hundreds is not a lens costing thousands.
Dollars that is.
Glass type choices.
Tolerances.
Quality control.