Subject: [Leica] Columbus Circle purple flowers - past midnight
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2010 13:39:35 -0400

> Mark,
>
> I didn't know that you can use the 50mm f/1.8D on the 40x body.
> I have the lens on my N80 which I bought for my wife long time ago.
> She has never used it, btw.
>
> I agree, the flowers are sharp.  I especially like the fountain in the
> background.
>
> Is night-time your favorite time to go out? ;)
>
> -Pasvorn

Thanks Pasvorn  I have only just recently kicked (knock on wood) some really
bad insomnia issues which went on for years. Its been about a month now I've
been much more a daytime person. I do feel like I've really turned over a
new leaf.
Getting to bed before the birdies are tweeting and the light is coming
through the window...

I was however just reading a Weegee thing in the bookstore.
He used to lock himself in the conductors booth in the subway and run his
film and scoop everybody. Before I guess he got his car.
His big thing he said was the fact that he almost never shot during the day.
Was up all night. His entire body of work has that edge.
But I've had it with the night shift. I've got a lot more done this month
being on the day shift.
Digital capture really makes for a whole new paradigm in ones approach to
 nighttime shooting. No real need for fast glass and flash and tripods. And
I've not even gone VR yet. Anti Vibration technology.
But I'm not saying there is no place now for tripods and flash and fast
glass.

[Rabs]
Mark William Rabiner