Subject: [Leica] AI Conversion
From: wildlightphoto at earthlink.net (wildlightphoto at earthlink.net)
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2010 16:17:34 -0400

James Laird wrote:

I have an old pre-AI 200 f4 Nikkor I'd like to have converted to AI.
Does anyone do these conversions anymore using Nikon OEM kits? I don't
even know if Nikon makes the parts anymore. Any recommendations or
help would be appreciated.
<<<

Nikon has not made the parts for many years, but occasionally you will see
them on ebay.  Pacific Rim Camera has several models of the conversion
kits, unfortunately they seem to have run out of the kit for the 200mm f/4.
Even if the kit is available, only later model lenses can be converted with
the kit.  If the flange has screws holding it to the barell of the lens, a
kit was made for it.  No screws, no kit.  However, even the earliest lenses
can be converted by a competent machinist:  http://www.aiconversions.com/

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com

mail2web.com ? What can On Demand Business Solutions do for you?

Replies: Reply from digiratidoc at gmail.com (James Laird) ([Leica] AI Conversion)
Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] AI Conversion)
Reply from pjleeson at mchsi.com (Philip Leeson) ([Leica] AI Conversion)