Subject: [Leica] Indian traffic
From: lrzeitlin at gmail.com (Lawrence Zeitlin)
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2010 10:47:53 -0400

Jayanand,
A question. I spent several years in India from 1984 through 1987 as a
Fulbright Professor at the Univ. of Delhi. The road traffic at the time was
horrendous, much worse even than that of Boston, Athens, or Atlanta. Today's
New York Times featured a video on India's traffic death rate, the highest
in the world. The video looked identical to those of my home movies taken a
quarter of a century ago. Same mix of pedestrians, animals, mopeds, motor
tricycles, autos, trucks, busses all interacting without discipline or
regulation. Are the conditions still as bad or was the Times engaging in
yellow journalism?

http://video.nytimes.com/video/2010/06/07/world/asia/1247467632515/india-s-highways-of-death.html

Larry Z

Replies: Reply from jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj) ([Leica] Indian traffic)