Subject: [Leica] Fwd: IMG: Out and about in Kyushu, Japan
From: hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2010 08:27:52 +1000

Peter, on the lens, I can only suggest that perhaps the cam is mis-cut or
has some foreign body stuck to the surface? Sometimes you can trigger the
wrong frame lines if the lens is not quite locked as well. Was the lens
stiff to engage fully on the camera bodies? As new old stock it should still
operate perfectly of course. I think that returning it was the right thing
to do. With your M7(and other Ms of course) there is a very small pin in the
finder mask operation that can sometimes stick. They should sort that out
for you in the CLA then.

Cheers
Geoff
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman