Subject: [Leica] Film/slide scanner recommendations? Samples? Anyone use Braun?
From: andrew.nv1b at gmail.com (Andrew Moore)
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 2010 22:12:33 -0400

Plenty of google'able people who review scanners will say the flatbed is
fine for slides, but I think the LUG is made up of photogs whose technical
standards are higher (hope that doesn't sound too snobby), which is why I'm
asking in this forum.  While we all know just about any 35/1.4 in the hands
of a capable photog will produce fine results, I think we also know that
there are undeniable differences between Leica-quality 35's and those from
other mfrs.  So I'm asking those that know... please recommend a current
film scanner capable of producing superb results.  Not flatbed quality (from
what I've seen).

I'm afraid Tina's right.. nobody's developing film scanners anymore.  No
real point...  Maybe time to turn to the used market, but even then, prices
are ridiculously high.

--Andrew
NO ARCHIVE

Message from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] Film/slide scanner recommendations? Samples? Anyone use Braun?)