Subject: [Leica] 6 Bit Lens Coding Questions
From: hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2010 08:55:17 +1000

Since the lenses have recesses you should get good persistence for the
colour. The little tinlets/ bottles of paint from a model aircraft (hobby)
store work well. Make sure that you get the matt versions, not gloss. One
tin of matt black and one of matt white, preferably enamel, not the
acrylic,  will do around 3 gazillion lenses. If you have the recesses, why
not put both colours, it can't hurt and it may improve reliability.

Be really really careful that there is no excess outside the recesses. It
can end up around rhe mount and potentially into the internals or on the 6
bit sensor. A good practice to ensure that the surface is prepared by
cleaning/degreasing too. Mix the paint well, let it all dry thoroughly
before fitting too

Cheers
Geoff
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman