Subject: [Leica] OT: video beats photography coverage at the Aussie iPad launch
From: hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Fri, 28 May 2010 13:53:50 +1000

Jayanand the post was just for fun of course, but its hardly surprising when
there is a little pushing and shoving amongst the journos to get the best
spot at a crowed gathering like this. I laughed when they suggested that it
was an established tradition that people who got their first were entitled
to keep their spots over the official film crew.  A gentleman's code of
honour with chivalry!

Someone's shirt was grabbed when they were trying to push back into the
crowd! Quelle Horreur!!! Not quite a riot is it? Pretty clearly to me the
security guy exceeded his authority but of course you can't see what the
photographers were doing before that either. They were trying to re-occupy
the spots that they had staked out.  None of that is some sort of indictment
of Apple's behaviour surely. In any event, the photog involved got
some coverage for himself as did the other press who got to grab shots of
this and Apple got some more exposure too. All a storm in a teacup. They
could have then chosen to boycott the event coverage I suppose, but I have a
feeling that their employers would not have approved.

Cheers
Geoff
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman