Subject: [Leica] Canon S90
From: slobodan.dimitrov at (slobodan dimitrov)
Date: Thu, 27 May 2010 13:48:59 -0700

What I use, for what a situation calls for, is my business. As it is, most
clients are visual illiterates. The better editors rarely interfere. These
days one is bound to get a kid who's on the job by default. All they know is
pricing, from there end, and rarely know shoot requirements.
But I have to say, I have an image of Paulo Freire, shot with an M4 and 3rg
gen 35mm 'cron, going into a sociology textbook. It was shot on TX, indoors,
and barely printable. Today, I can outshoot that equipment combination with
the Canon S90, or better with a T2i, never mind any late 1D. The only reason
the shot is being printed is that he's dead, and the only image that I know
of where he's looking into the camera. Otherwise, it's a poor technical
quality image.

On Thu, May 27, 2010 at 1:15 PM, Richard Man <richard at>

> Say, so you are a PRO and shooting with a finger nail sized sensor and get
> paid for it?!!
> Blasphemy! :-)
> On Thu, May 27, 2010 at 1:03 PM, slobodan dimitrov <
> slobodan.dimitrov at> wrote:
> > I have one, along with the dedicated underwater case. While it's not as
> > good
> > in low light as the most recent Canon, or Nikon, it's better in low light
> > than a G10, by far. I've had a number of shots published shot with it.
> The
> > client asked no questions about the quality.
> > I'm thinking of getting this little critter for it;
> >

> > --
> // richard <>
> // icc blog: <>
> // photo blog: <>
> [ For technical support on ImageCraft products, please include all previous
> replies in your msgs. ]

Replies: Reply from richard at (Richard Man) ([Leica] Canon S90)
Message from robertmeier at (Robert Meier) ([Leica] Canon S90)
Message from slobodan.dimitrov at (slobodan dimitrov) ([Leica] Canon S90)
Message from richard at (Richard Man) ([Leica] Canon S90)