Subject: [Leica] New guy looking for information
From: hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Thu, 27 May 2010 08:47:17 +1000

Hi Bill, you may like to look at eBay for example to get an idea of prices
from the completed listings.  You can check dealer  (KEH for example) list
prices of course too. Generaly those are a higher but then eBay prices take
into account a higher risk, dealers generally have warranty and support plus
the dealer needs to buy and sell to make a profit naturally.  Especially for
pristine or rare items, Leica prices can go really high, but the items that
you mention are probably not in that category.

Normal practice here is to list For Sale ads on Fridays and you will see an
automated message from Brian announcing that Friday has started (and its a
free service).  You may want to change from Digest mode if you want to see
the most timely responses. I think many LUG people prefer to see prices
rather than make me an offer type listings but that's entirely up to you of
course.

Cheers
Geoff
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman