Subject: [Leica] Fwd: Shattered M8 sensor glass update (780 Euros) + soft focus confusion
From: red735i at earthlink.net (red735i at earthlink.net)
Date: Wed, 26 May 2010 00:07:49 -0400 (EDT)

It is not my camera, but $1K  (780 EUROS = about $1K) for a sensr
replacement is not that bad, when you consider you get a 1 year warranty
thrown in.

I have to question the logic of sending in your lenses for calibration at
the same time....   Geoff's experience says that they did not actually mate
the camera and lenses together as a pair, but rather checked each
separately.  ( Other wise, the lenses and body would have had to be returned
together..... and Geoff stated they got the body done in a day, but the
lenses were returned later....)

The risk of losing it all from UPS/or whatever your carrier is, will be
heightened.  And from experience, they will only replace the relacement
value of your equipment, minus depreciation.... ie, a lot less than real
replacement cost.

First, confirm they actually do mate the lenses to the body, then ship them
separately....

But it is not my equipment nor $$$$

Frank Filippone

Replies: Reply from hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson) ([Leica] Fwd: Shattered M8 sensor glass update (780 Euros) + soft focus confusion)