Subject: [Leica] WWII Vet portraits
From: steve.barbour at gmail.com (Steve Barbour)
Date: Tue, 25 May 2010 10:44:12 -0700

On May 25, 2010, at 10:15 AM, Kyle Cassidy wrote:

> "The only way I survived Omaha Beach," he said, "was by being too stupid
> to realize I was going to die."
>
> After the war he became successful toy maker and if you had kids in the
> 50's, 60's, or 70's, you had some of his designs in your closet.
>
> http://www.kylecassidy.com/lj/2010/ben-cohen-1200.jpg

I once spent 2 weeks along the landing beaches in Normandy, I can appreciate
what D Day was like for the soldiers coming ashore...

Your portrait Kyle is beautiful...though nothing about it connects us to the
events of the past, or even hints that this man was a soldier, I must
conclude that is what you intended,

Steve