Subject: [Leica] WTB: Digital R back
From: grduprey at mchsi.com (grduprey at mchsi.com)
Date: Sun, 23 May 2010 15:54:08 -0500 (CDT)

Akhil,

I don't remember what camera you will be mating the dmr to, but if it is a
R8, send both to Leica, NJ, Canada, or Solms, depending on where you are,
and get it properly mated, they have to update something on the R8, this is
a warranty adjustment so no cost.  If you have a very late R8 then you may
be Ok.  If you have a R9 then you will have no problems.  The DMR would lock
my R8's shutter after several shots, which could only be cleared by removing
the DMR from the R8.  After the adjustment it works perfectly.  You will
love the dmr on your R, heavy but what great images.

Gene