Subject: [Leica] Auction; cool car; artifacts
From: jbm at jbm.org (Jeff Moore)
Date: Sun, 23 May 2010 02:04:54 -0400

As I've mentioned, many of the things belonging to my parents and me
from the house I grew up in are due to go on the auction block later
today, starting at 10AM Sunday, 23 May, near Doylestown, PA:

  http://www.robillardauctions.com/index.html

I bet some of the Philly LUGgers could make it if they wanted.
Unfortunately, the Moravian Tile Festival (!) is no longer also taking
place in town -- I think that was the previous weekend.

It's kind of a weird feeling -- it feels good to have mostly sorted
through the 50 years' accumulated things, picked out what we want to
and have room to keep, gotten the rest hauled off to the auction
house -- but it's pretty odd so see my stuff, our stuff, my mom's
stuff... there in the auction house.

My, um, process seems to involve taking pictures of some things before
letting them go.  So here are some snaps of some of the
artifacts... an odd collection, because some are things I took
pictures of so people could try to appraise their value, some are
things I remember being fond of as a kid, and some are remarkable
(often "As Seen on TV!") examples of the sort of gadgety gizmos my dad
just loved to keep buying.  No idea how much general interest this
collection may have:

http://photos.bazbarfoo.com/Scratch/Auction-20100523/12252758_YZJXp#873462876_2qVfM

...but I think this may jog a few memories (or just scare people --
that boy ain't quite right!)

http://photos.bazbarfoo.com/Scratch/Auction-20100523/12252758_YZJXp#873503679_FQ3rN-A-LB

Next... here's a really cool and unique car (no, this didn't come from
my house!) being sold the same day: the 1958 Westland W-2.  Is it
partly a Healey project?  It was in a truck, so my pictures are a mite
crappy, but this is a really spectacular-looking auto (especially from
the front).

  http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jbm/scratch/WestlandFront.html

  http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jbm/scratch/WestlandBack.html

Jack the Auctioneer: