Subject: [Leica] "It has a big red dot on it...."
From: chris at chriscrawfordphoto.com (Chris Crawford)
Date: Fri, 21 May 2010 16:55:02 -0400

I think the M4-P was the first to have a red dot, though I've heard some
M4-2 bodies had it too. The dot on the M4-P was on the front of the body
where the battery goes on an M6. The M6 moved the dot to the front of top
plate where it remained for the M7 and M8.

--
Chris Crawford
Fine Art Photography