Subject: [Leica] IMG: Miyazaki weekend walk
From: passaro.vince at gmail.com (Vince Passaro)
Date: Fri, 21 May 2010 16:36:11 -0400

Philippe,
It's called "Tokyo Story" in English and is considered by many critics to be
among the greatest films ever made. You should rent it again one day -- it's
available from The Criterion Collection, which has restored it beautifully
and added some very interesting commentary -- and watch it just for the
framing of each shot and for the extraordinary care in editing.  Ozu is a
master in the fullest and most traditional sense of that word.
Vince