Subject: [Leica] OT: Hard Luck Blues and the FSA Photographers
From: profmason at yahoo.com (John Edwin Mason)
Date: Mon, 17 May 2010 18:41:10 -0700 (PDT)

I've just reviewed a terrific new book, "Hard Luck Blues:  Roots Music
Photographs from the Great Depression."

I like it quite a bit -- and not just because of the wonderful photos from
Dorothea Lange, Walker Evans, Ben Shahn, Russell Lee, and the whole Farm
Security Administration gang.

It's going to interest anyone who's into photo history or music history.

The academic version of the review is on its way to a journal.

The lavishly illustrated online version is here:

http://johnedwinmason.typepad.com/john_edwin_mason_photogra/2010/05/review-hard-luck-blues.html

http://bit.ly/c7rTB0

Cheers, John

John Edwin Mason, Photography: