Subject: [Leica] IT expert HELP needed - mute SD card ...
From: shino at panix.com (Rei Shinozuka)
Date: Sun, 16 May 2010 14:44:40 -0400

I've used Photorec in a number of situations when we had a Kodak digital
that frequently scrambled cards.  Photorec is 100% free and open source,
runs on Mac, Windows, Linux, etc.  In one instance it didn't recognize a
particular Kodak movie format, I sent the author Christophe Grenier a
sample of the Kodak movie file, and within the day he sent me back a
patch to rescue the files.

http://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/PhotoRec

-rei