Subject: [Leica] Señorita (cropped)
From: lluisripollquerol at gmail.com (Lluis Ripoll Querol)
Date: Tue, 11 May 2010 22:26:43 +0200

Thanks to all of you who has send his kind comments, is despite that's
a nice image I prefer keep my original picture, I agree the Vince's
(very kind opinion), as well as George and Marc. Maybe we can be a
little confused seeing a nice se?orita (cropped) but this not imply
that even she's very nice that it is a better picture (for me).
Finally when we photograph something we want show and communicate
something, what I want communicate was this elegant se?orita on the
envinronment as I have saw she, not just a portrait as Vince says for
a magazine, I agree George's opinion too that these arte two different
pictures, every one showing or communicating something different, on
this case I prefer my first version, probably is a question of
preferences of each one as "author" of the image.

thanks again to all who has expressed their opinions

Saludos cordiales
Lluis

El 11/05/2010, a las 21:37, Vince Passaro escribi?:

> OK George, I can go with that. One (i.e., me) rebelled at the idea of
> rejecting the first in favor of the second. But peaceful co-
> existence is
> what we should all aim for....
>
> 2010/5/11 George Lottermoser <imagist3 at mac.com>
>
>> I agree with Vince's basic premise.
>>
>> Further I also see the cropped and original versions
>> as entirely different photographs.
>> They communicate quite different messages;
>> so serve different purposes.
>>
>> The cropped version becomes a candid street portrait;
>> and quite a beautiful one. The postcards serve it well.
>> I do believe it is every bit as "real" a photograph
>> as the much more complex "narrative" original version.
>>
>> Regards,
>> George Lottermoser
>> george at imagist.com
>> http://www.imagist.com
>> http://www.imagist.com/blog
>> http://www.linkedin.com/in/imagist
>>

>> On May 10, 2010, at 10:41 PM, Vince Passaro wrote:
>>
>> Lluis:
>>>
>>> the original version had a narrative, a story, to be seen in it. The
>>> cropped
>>> version has a babe. The first is more intelligent and more
>>> interesting as
>>> photograph. She is standing, waiting to get something at the
>>> newsstand.