Subject: [Leica] IMG: Garden portrait
From: hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Tue, 11 May 2010 23:28:50 +1000

Thank you everyone for looking.  This was fun to try out and the focus was
pretty easy as there is an angled magnifier that screws into the eyepiece.
THe parallax correction is excellent also. I was just shooting some flowers
and trying it out. This was shot on a tripod for the best quality. I had to
recompose (so the tail went out of focus a little) after the subject
expressed its displeasure by making a very large deposit on the leaf! I
think that it had poodle bones in it.
Focus distance was about half a metre and this is a crop of course. This is
about one quarter of the original pixels wide and the view you see is at
actual pixels level (not downsampled). So the magnification is effectively
240ppi divided by 90~100ppi screen resolution
The grasshopper is about 100mm long in the body (~4 inches for our US
friends)

Cheers
Geoff
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman